Screen recording is a useful feature that allows users to capture whatever is on their iPhone screen, including videos, gameplay, tutorials, and more. The feature was first introduced in iOS 11, and since then, it has been a popular tool for many iPhone users. In this article, we will discuss how long can you screen record on an iPhone, the benefits of screen recording, and some tips for using the feature.
Is there any screen recording time limit on iPhone?
The time limit for screen recording on an iPhone depends on the available storage capacity of the device. There is no specific time limit set for how long can you screen record on iPhone, but the maximum recording time will vary depending on the amount of storage space available on the device.
keep in mind that recording for long periods can quickly take up a significant amount of storage space and drain the battery. It’s essential to monitor the available storage space on your iPhone before starting a screen recording to avoid running out of space. Below is the table by 9to5Rumors for estimation of screen recording time on different variants of iPhone.
|Storage||Screen Recording Resolution||Approximate Video Length|
|64GB||720p at 30FPS||19 Hours|
|128GB||720p at 30FPS||38 Hours|
|1TB||1080p at 60FPS||114 Hours|
How to screen record on an iPhone?
Screen recording on an iPhone is a simple and easy process. Follow these steps to start screen recording on your iPhone:
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on iPhone X and later models. For iPhone 8 and earlier models, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Screen Recording icon (a circle inside a circle) to start the recording.
- If you want to record audio as well, press and hold the Screen Recording icon, and then tap the Microphone Audio icon.
- Once you start the recording, a red bar will appear at the top of the screen to indicate that the recording is in progress.
- To stop the recording, tap the red bar at the top of the screen, or go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Recording icon again.
- The recorded video will be saved to your camera roll.
Tips for using screen recording on iPhone
Here are some tips for using screen recording on an iPhone:
- Check for sufficient storage: Make sure you have enough storage on your iPhone before you start recording. Screen recording can take up a lot of space, especially if you record for an extended period.
- Enable microphone audio: If you want to record audio as well, make sure you enable microphone audio by pressing and holding the Screen Recording icon and then tapping the Microphone Audio icon.
- Edit the recording: You can edit the recording after it’s saved by using the built-in editing tools in the Photos app.
- Use AirPlay: If you want to record a video from another device, such as an iPad or Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to mirror the screen to your iPhone and then record it.
- You can check for how long can you screen record on iPhone on above table
Airplay it on bigger display
AirPlay is a feature on iOS devices that allows users to wirelessly stream audio, video, and images from their iPhone, iPad, or Mac to other AirPlay-enabled devices, such as Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible speakers, and smart TVs. This feature enables users to enjoy their media content on a larger screen or better sound system without the need for cables or additional hardware.
Here are the steps to use AirPlay on iOS:
- Make sure your iOS device and AirPlay-enabled device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone or iPad screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon, which looks like a rectangle with an upward-pointing triangle at the bottom.
- Choose the device you want to stream to from the list of available AirPlay devices.
- If prompted, enter the AirPlay device’s password.
- Once connected, the content on your iPhone or iPad will appear on the AirPlay-enabled device’s screen.
- To disconnect, simply tap on the AirPlay icon again and select “iPhone” or “iPad” as the playback device.
Note that some apps may have a built-in AirPlay button that you can use to connect to an AirPlay-enabled device directly from within the app, without having to open the Control Center.
Best Settings for longer screen recording
When recording your iPhone screen, there are a few settings you can adjust to optimize the quality of the recording. Here are some of the best settings for screen recording on an iPhone.
The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the recording. You can choose between 720p, 1080p, and 4K resolution, depending on your device’s capabilities. To change the resolution, go to Settings > Camera > Record Video, and select the desired resolution. How you choose the resolution will define for how long can you screen record on iPhone.
The frame rate determines how many frames per second (fps) the video will display. A higher frame rate produces smoother, more fluid motion. The iPhone can record at up to 60 fps. To change the frame rate, go to Control Center > Screen Recording > Long press on the Screen Recording icon > Tap on Microphone to toggle it on or off > Tap on the Screen Recording icon again to open the Screen Recording Options > Change the frame rate to 30 fps.
You can choose to record audio from the iPhone’s microphone or from the device’s internal audio. Recording internal audio is ideal for capturing in-app sounds or music, but it requires a third-party app or a jailbroken device. To change the audio source, go to Control Center > Screen Recording > Long press on the Screen Recording icon > Tap on Microphone to toggle it on or off.
You can choose to record in portrait or landscape mode. Landscape mode is better for videos, while portrait mode is better for capturing app usage or browsing. To change the orientation, simply rotate the device before starting the recording.
Screen recording is a useful feature on an iPhone that allows users to capture whatever is on their screen. It has many benefits, including creating tutorials, recording gameplay, troubleshooting issues, and more. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can easily increase the time for how long can you screen record on iPhone and take advantage of this powerful tool.